It’s no secret that I love to sell on Etsy. (Incidentally, if you need tips for selling on Etsy, I have those too.) I think that one of the best things about Etsy is not only selling on Etsy, but buying on Etsy.
Why I Love to Shop on Etsy:
1. One of a Kind Pieces – I have received so many compliments about things, like some of the bags, that I have because they are so unique. Definitely not the kind of thing that you find on the shelves at the big box stores.
2. The Favorites Feature – I love being able to keep a record of things that I love that I might want to buy later. Of course, not buying things right away has sometimes meant that a one of a kind item got away from me. But, if it’s something that the seller normally makes, then if they relist a sold item, I still see it as available. (Here are some of the things that I currently have in my favorites.)
3. Supporting Artists and Artisans – Isn’t it great to take time (and money) to support small businesses? Don’t just think it – do it!
4. It is Inspiring – I don’t know if it does it for you or not, but shopping on Etsy inspires my creativity. It inspires me to look through listings, and also to get some of those wonderful items right into my own hands.
5. It’s Not Just About Money – This is one thing that I really love! I have found that unless I buy from a huge Etsy seller, it is often obvious that the seller is thrilled not only to have your money, but to know that you loved something that they made enough to want to buy it. I love that excitement!
6. The Treasury Feature - The treasury feature allows you to find items you might not have normally found (for purchasing or your wishlist) because each treasury is put together around a theme by a member of the Etsy community. I will admit, however, that I miss the days when there was a limit to the number of treasuries that there could be at one time.
7. Lots of Choices – Sure, this can at times be overwhelming. When I wanted to find a case for my iPad, I wasn’t limited to just a couple of choices. I had choices in lots of colors and styles, as well as in a large price range.
8. You Can Shop by Color – This feature is really fun! Not only can you pick out colors from a screen full of dots, but you can “throw” the pictures after you’ve looked at them.
9. You Don’t Need a Million Different Usernames and Passwords – Do you hate having a ton of different usernames and passwords? I know I do. I especially hate setting them up on sites that I know I am probably only going to shop from once. I like that on Etsy, I can shop from lots of different shops, but it’s the same username and password, since it’s all through Etsy. (Hey — it’s the little things, right?)
10. Variety – I know, this seems like it’s the same as number seven. However, as far as I’m concerned, it’s not. When I think of the variety on Etsy, I think of all of the different things that I have managed to be able to buy on just one website. Here’s just a sampling of things I have purchased: headbands, a holy card encased in glass and hand soldered, postcards from Paris, textures to use on photography projects, a Lego Rosary, a vintage Dime Kitty, an apron, lots of different kinds of bags (purses, tote bags, etc.), Starbucks Frappuccino Caps made into religious magnets, zines, a bottle cap necklace, and more. That’s a lot of variety from just one site.
Do you shop on Etsy? What do you like best about shopping there or what was the last thing you bought?
Do you have an Etsy store? If you do, share a link in the comments!