I asked the children again this year, just like I did last year (their Wii game list and their DS game list, both from last year), for their favorite Wii games. They love the idea of helping other people know how to shop. I also love that this list ended up containing games from a variety of prices (ranging from around $17 up to $70), with most in the lower range.
This represents a list of the current favorite Wii games of two boys (ages 12 and 10) and one girl (age 7):
1. Sonic Colors – Noah describes this as “fun and easy to play.”
2. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure (Starter Park) – This is the boys’ newest game that they got thanks to some gift cards. They are really enjoying it, though it is pricey for a game. (It games with other pieces, however.)
3. Super Smash Brother Brawl – We got this game all the way back in March 2008, and they still love it!
4. Super Paper Mario – This is a Nintendo Selects game, so not only is it fun, but it is inexpensive for a Wii game.
5. Animal Crossing: City Folks – This is another game that we’ve had for a long time, but that has continued to be a game that the children have enjoyed.
6. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Great game full of all kinds of events. This one made the list last year too. The kids can’t wait for the chance to get the new Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics.
7. Mario Sports Mix – As the name would imply this is a fun mix of sports with traditional Mario elements added in for fun.
8. Mini Ninjas – We got this one last year, and the kids still enjoy it. I will admit that I don’t remember seeing them play this often, but they were quick to put it on the list and they all agreed. (Plus, this is a great one to pick up if you’re not looking to spend too much.)
9. Littlest Pet Shop Friends – Great game for a Littlest Pet Shop fan. (Okay, yes, that was pretty obvious though, right?)
10. World of Zoo – This made last year’s list too, I believe. Here is what Noah had to say about this addition to the list when he told me about it, “You never know what to expect from the animals. It’s a cast of fun, playful animals.”
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.