My regularity in posting lately has been a little off. I’ve been keeping quite busy though, even if some of it has still left me working away at the computer. So, just for fun, I thought I would list ten things that I’ve been doing instead of posting here at Many Little Blessings.
1. Registering new writers for both The Homeschool Classroom and Catholic Mothers Online. I am never sure why I think this is a good idea to have a call out for new writers on both of those sites at the same time. However, I have consistently done just that.
2. Working on a commissioned painting that I should have had done a few days ago. On the up side, it’s almost done. Because my paintings are done in layers, it’s not something I can just sit down and finish in one sitting. I should have, however, already had it done. (The picture is a couple of layers into it. I’m much farther now. And, yes, my craft room is a mess. I cleared off just enough space to work on this painting.)
3. Catching up on sleep after having had family in visiting for a week, a week of intense getting ready for turning in 4H projects (and judging week), and then a long weekend at Savvy Blogging Summit.
4. Experiencing one of life’s firsts — giving someone an injection twice a day. For the privacy of that person, I won’t say who or why (a routine procedure, and none of the children), but it certainly has been an experience to do it. I won’t say a horrible experience, but I won’t say fun either. It’s things like this that have made me realize that I’m often capable of doing things I never thought I could do, given the situation where I have no choice but to do it. (As of this writing, five shots down, five to go.)
5. Playing games like Mastermind and Connect Four with the kids. Mental note for myself: Don’t try to be silly during Connect Four and play as fast as you can. It’s only funny until you lose repeatedly.
6. Going to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie. I vowed to spend the weekend working and getting caught up. Instead, I did a lot of things not work related, including going to see this movie. Noah said he didn’t want to go, as he is getting older now. But, he laughed his way through watching the two movie trailers on my computer. Then, at the theater, he was consistently the one laughing the most.
7. Trying to dig myself out of my email inboxes. It’s not pretty. It looks better now, but it’s still not good.
8. Working on my latest design project for a client. I hope to be able to finish it by the end of this week.
9. Watching the rain fall. We finally got rain the other day, after absolutely none for too long. It was just so nice to see that Eric and I sat on the screened-in porch and just took it in — the fresh summer rain smell, the mist that would sometimes hit us when there was a wind, the sound of the drops hitting the parched Earth (and the rolling of thunder).
10. Having an hour or so of time alone in the house by myself where I did almost nothing by listened to music.
What have you been doing lately?
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.