I have shared my love for Pinterest before. I can’t help it — it is just the coolest site! As I was drying my hair tonight, I started writing down some things that I love about Pinterest. It wasn’t even a struggle to come up with a top ten list.
1. I love the visual format. Of course, the downside is that you can’t pin something (that’s like saving it, for you non-Pinterest people out there). But, then would defeat the purpose anyway. It’s so much fun to look through!
2. I can find things that I never would have found otherwise. Because you follow people (or individual boards), you get to see what they pin. I have found so many great ideas that I never would have seen because of Pinterest.
3. It’s a great place to find inspiration! I have a collection of quotes and inspirational words that are partially just for me to enjoy and partially to have a resource for future painting ideas.
4. Pinterest helped me to see a pattern in what types of clothes I really liked. I never seemed to shop for those kinds of clothes before, but being able to compile my “Clothes I’d Love to Wear Someday” board has helped me to say, “Hey — I finally realize what kind of clothes I like.” I know, that just sounds silly, but I’m sure some of you out there might understand.
5. You can sign in with Twitter or Facebook. I just love that it’s not one more username and password to remember!
6. Oh my. The food. I have been making sure to pin healthier things, but all of the sweet, yummy things are just so darn inviting.
7. Being on Pinterest makes me laugh. One of my favorite boards of mine is called “Randomness.” Eric and I were reading through items on there earlier today and just laughing and laughing. (Not everything in my Randomness board is funny, but there are plenty of gems!)
8. I’m a big believer in helping to promote other bloggers. It is really something that brings me a lot of joy to be able to do. So, Pinterest fits perfectly into this love, as I am able to pin things from blogs that I have enjoyed. (It’s a great idea to write something like via manylittleblessings.com, or whatever the website is, in the description box when pinning something.
9. I get a chance to get to know my friends in a whole new way. Seeing what things your friends want to pin is so much fun!
10. It’s easy to use! When I first heard of Pinterest (at the end of April), I thought, “I don’t want one more site to have to learn and visit.” It was simple to figure out. I love that!
You have to be invited to join Pinterest, although you can request an invite on their site. (I have heard that some people have had to wait a long time to receive one through the site.) If you want an invitation, feel free to just drop me a note in the comments. Of course, feel free to comment even if you don’t want an invite too!
Let me know if you’re on Pinterest – I love finding new people to follow!
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.