I thought about writing up this post, especially with Mary in mind, but then I thought, “Hang on – do I even watch 10 television shows?” I was sure I would struggle to come up with them.
I sheepishly realized as I quickly surpassed ten that I might watch too much television. Granted, I mostly work while watching the TV (not the best plan), but I still felt kind of bad. Not bad enough to stop though, mind you.
So, here are ten shows that I’ve been regularly watching lately (most with Eric as well).
2. Parks and Recreation – I have been watching this off and on for a while, but Eric just started watching it with me. It’s so clever, and Ron Swanson cracks us both up.
3. Grey’s Anatomy – Sure, some seasons have been better than other seasons. I’ve been watching it since the beginning and plan to keep watching it. I figure if I made it through the endless Denny nonsense many seasons ago, I’m in it for the long haul.
4. How I Met Your Mother – I think the show has gone down hill a bit, and that makes me sad. But, it’s been a show we’ve been enjoying for a few years now. I have to imagine that it will be coming to an end in the not horribly distant future.
5. Two Broke Girls – We watched this one night just because it happens to be on after HIMYM, and we were hooked. It’s funny and unexpected. Oh, and I’m still holding out that Max and Johnny may get together. (You know, if Johnny is ever on the show again. Where the heck is he?)
6. Castle – This is a smart show that keeps me entertained. I can’t always guess exactly what’s going to happen, which I always find to be endearing, since I often guess what will happen on shows. (Eric says I should write the shows.) Plus, I like that this show is not only interesting and serious, but also amusing.
7. Suburgatory – We think this show is just generally a hoot. I find that we’ve had some episodes that we don’t think are as stellar, but hopefully it has a good future ahead of it.
8. Modern Family – Funny, smart, clever. Love all the family dynamics. And Phil never ceases to crack us up.
9. Revenge – Remember when I said that I like shows that I can’t figure out right away? Well, this one definitely meets that criteria! It’s pretty intense at times, but it’s just amazingly intricate to watch. I look forward to seeing how this one goes as it continues.
10. Alaska: The Last Frontier – This is our newest must watch show (and the only reality show addition to the list). It’s a show about an extended family (the Kilcher family) that homesteads in Homer, Alaska. From what we’ve read, some of it is over-dramatized, but we still are riveted while we’re watching it. And, I totally didn’t know until tonight that it’s actually Jewel’s family.
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday.