I thought about doing a Christmas gift themed post this week, but then every theme I came up with, I realized that some of my recent (and not as recent) posts fell into a lot of those categories.
So, if you need help with some Christmas gift ideas, you might check out some of these:
- Kitchen Themed Christmas Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas of Childrens Books
- Books that Would be Great to Give Someone Like Me
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Geeky Guys
- Wii Games that Would Make Good Gifts for Elementary Aged Kids
- My Christmas Wish List from Last Year
- Art Supply Gift Ideas (or at least what I bought)
Instead, I figured I would just write up a list of some of the things that are on my own Christmas wish list, as well as just some things that I think would make some pretty cool gifts. How’s that for a random list?
1. A Kindle – I just have the older regular Kindle with the keyboard, but that new Paperwhite is pretty amazing. Both my Mom and my Grandpa have it now, and the difference is astounding. It does go through battery much faster, but especially if night reading or older eyes are an issue, the Paperwhite would make an amazing gift.
2. Original Art from Etsy – No, I’m not make a personal pitch for my own art. Though, you know, everything in stock in my shop is 50% off through December 5th. (And, in stock means that once something sells, it’s out of the sale.)
What I actually had in mind were prints like the Kitchen Aid Baby You Spin Me Right Round poster for the kitchen geek in your life, The Bottom of My Heart is Very Sincere for your favorite sarcasm filled friend, and the Love. World. prints from Hop Skip Jump Paper for a special loved one.
3. Just Dance 4 – I know, I really should stop mentioning this game already. Still, it’s making the list. Super fun, great exercise, the whole family can do it together. End of my pitch.
4. Ice Cream Maker – This is one of those things that very few people probably actually need. But, what a fun gift to give to a family! I just got this Cuisinart ice cream, yogurt, and sorbet maker last week (while it was on special on Amazon, though I had to settle for white then, instead of the berry blue I had my eye on).
5. Gifts to Make Your Favorite Girl Feel Fancy – You know, I’m just saying,
Eric, I mean…whoever. Sometimes a girl wants to forget that she has to do piles of laundry and unload the dishwasher. A little trinket from Tiffany & Co or some fancy perfume could make a girl feel glam.
6. Nice Colored Pencils for Your Favorite Artist – Not every artsy person will like colored pencils, of course. But these Prismacolor Colored Pencils are some of the best, and they come in a fabulous metal box. I love, too, that they come in a variety of sizes, so you could buy a big set for a serious artsy adult or a smaller set for your budding artistic child. (I know that my love of the metal box is superficial. However, I think as a gift for a child, that’s a real sign that these are something special.)
7. Edible Gifts – If you really know what someone loves or you’re at a complete loss, one thing is for certain – we all have to eat. This makes edible gifts a nice choice. You can make them yourself (some traditional ideas or non-traditional ideas), or order them from a huge list of companies. We have enjoyed gifts that we’ve received (and given) from Cheryl & Co, which makes amazing cookies and baked goods. (Seriously, they’re awesome.)
(That banner has my affiliate link, but I only signed up for their program because I already really loved their product and customer service.)
You can also use the code SNOWSHIP through November 29th for Free Shipping or the code JOLLY15 for 15% off through the end of the year.
8. Catholic Household Blessings and Prayers – I know this one only works for my Catholic friends (or those buying for Catholics), but this is such an amazing treasure. I got it one year for Christmas, and I love it so much. There are prayers for everything, and the book itself is just beautifully made. I have been picking prayers out of it for my religious education board meetings (I’m the president this year), and each time everyone comments about how wonderful the prayers are.
9. Nerf Guns – When I asked the kids for any additions to the list, this was an enthusiastic suggestion from the table. Though we don’t do realistic looking gun toys at our house, Nerf guns are a fun toy around here. We might have even all grabbed a Nerf gun and had an all out family war in the backyard once.
10. A Board Game – A lot of people have gotten so caught up in electronic games that they forget the fun that can be had with a board game. This makes this an awesome choice when giving a family gift. (Throw in some popcorn and hot chocolate, and it can even be a themed gift.) A couple of our favorite games lately have been Ticket to Ride and Uno Roboto (my Uno Roboto review).
This post contains a whole smattering for affiliate links. However, I have only put things on the list that I already like, and would recommend anyway. (Disclosure Policy)